Monday, February 13, 2012

Shots, Needles and Cries, Oh My!

Today was Annaliese's 4 month check up and her first shots since birth.  Luckily Justin had off work so that he could go with me and hold my ha--...I mean hold Anna's hand while she got the shots.  She got 3 vaccines with a needle and 1 oral vaccine that she had to drink.  Of course she wailed after the first needle was given and it was a cry we had never heard before.  It wasn't so bad actually... but it still was one of the worst things I had to go through.  Seeing someone "hurt" my daughter and cause her pain and hysterical tears...ugh!  I know everyone says it's really worse on the parents than it is on the child and I'll be the first to admit that was the case for me!  I know it's for her well being and health, so I can't complain too much.  I just wish there was a 'happier' way to give it to her!  


But on a good note, she's a-growin up fast!  She weighs 14.14lbs and is 24 1/2" long, both in the 75th percentile for her age.  She's going to be a tall young lady!  Good thing she didn't get her height from me.  She is also able to start on baby food now!  Mommy and daddy are excited about that!  


Here's some updated photos of our growing girl!


Sitting up all by herself


Checking out her new sneakers



Playing with her giraffe

Loving her activity mat!  SMILE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!