Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Monday Listicles- 10 Memories

Thought I would try linking up with another blogger I've come across.  Every week Stasha from www.northwestmommy.com provides a post with a list of 10 things to write about (she chooses the subject or reaches out to other bloggers for their ideas) and you write, link up to her site and share your list (on or around Monday) while reading other posts.  Nothing like writing a blog post when you don't anything of your own content to write about. It works for me!  Plus it's a lot of fun!



June 25- 10 Memories
This week's Monday Listicles is to write a list about 10 memories of a special man in your life.  I am choosing my best friend, who also happens to be a terrific husband and a wonderful father.  He is more than just special in my eyes.


  1. I remember going to visit him when he worked 3rd shift at the hotel when we first stated talking, just so we could get to know each other; talk about ourselves and ask questions to each other.  Who knew a beautiful relationship would blossom from there.
  2. I remember my first embarrassment with him.  Again, right after meeting him and had just started talking, I had added some pictures of him playing his guitar on my MySpace account (wow, that was so 2005).  I wanted to add a caption to one of his pictures and instead of typing "such a hottie" my fingers did a good ol' type-o and I typed "suck a hottie".  Of course HE caught it before I did.  Totally embarrassing.  It's his given "Indian name" now.  Haha!
  3. I remember when we took the big step and moved in together, knowing that we would soon be engaged and married when the time was right.  I finally convinced him to but his mattress and box spring on a bed frame.   
  4. I remember when he proposed to me the morning of Valentine's Day 2009, with the most sweet and perfect proposal in the privacy of our own home.
  5. I remember walking down the aisle on that beautiful August day and seeing him smiling the biggest smile ever, because our wedding day had finally came after the (what seemed long) countdown of 400+ days.
  6. I remember traveling to Jamaica for our honeymoon and spending a full week in our own little paradise.  Then at the airport in Miami on the way back, we realized that we were flying back to Dulles airport when we left our car in BWI.  The flight itinerary had changed and we apparently overlooked that memo! 
  7. I remember telling him to come in the bathroom and see this glorious "+" sign on the morning of February 16, 2011.  I remember the looks we exchanged when we realized that this could be in fact the truth...that we were pregnant after 5 months of trying.
  8. I remember the first time he felt the baby kick in my tummy and said "Woah!  That was her?!", with this look of utmost shock and awe in his eyes.  I think it became real for him in that moment.  The proof that his child was growing and tumbling inside of me.
  9. I remember the afternoon of October 11, 2011 that we went to the doctors because I wasn't feeling well the night before and found out that I was in labor.  I fell in love with him all over again that day.  He was more than supportive and encouraging of me through the whole labor and delivery process.  And the way he looked at our newborn baby girl, just melted my heart.
  10. And lastly, I remember that terrible day, on December 15, 2011 when I got his phone call saying that his dad had left us to go to Heaven.  I was home alone with our 2 month old and he was at the hospital alone with his frail and peaceful father.  I had never been so scared, so upset, so shaken, so strong and so weak in my life...and all at once.  I had never wanted to make someone stop hurting so badly.  I wanted to take his pain and make it my own.  I did the best I could in being a supportive wife, daughter- in-law and sister-in-law for his family.
We have shared so many great times and not so good times together in the last 6 years.  I am so thankful that this man came into my life and that we're able to share all of these memories together.  I look forward to creating many more memories together...for the rest of our lives.  I love you, Justin.


Your Friendly Mama,

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! You have a way with words, lovely writing.
    I had to laugh with your Myspace tale. Isn't it amazing how the fun bits make us fall in love and the sad bits makes us love the person even more.
    Lovely to meet you Cassie. Your daughter is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Stasha! You're very right about those bits. I enjoyed linking up with you and hope to again in the future :) Nice to meet you as well!

      Delete

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!