Monday, June 25, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

I've been meaning to post about this wonderful event since it happened, and now that I have my blog site under control, I'll go ahead and share it with you.


Remember the bachelorette party that was mentioned in Less Blogging. More Living. for my friend, Jessie?  Well the wedding day quickly came and went soon after the party ended.  May 19, 2012 Jessie and Jeff tied the knot!


The day was beautiful; perfect weather for an outdoor wedding!  


Me, Jessie, Gretchen at rehearsal dinner

The bridal party (with little Shane)
I had stayed the night with Jessie the night before the wedding so that we could finish some last minute things and because it worked out better having my bigger vehicle to bring the wedding decorations in.  It was kind of nice to have a "sleepover" like the young girls we all were once, and also adding a few glasses of wine!  Plus since I was a bride almost 2 years ago, I knew how she was feeling and could help try to calm her nerves.  I kept reminding her that "Everything will be perfect, because it's your wedding day and you're marrying your best friend.  Nothing else will matter to you, I promise."  
We woke up on The Big Day and started the mad rush of getting showered and heading to the reception to decorate.  We arrived at Fountain Head Country Club and there were already chairs set up and the vendors had started putting up the drapery.

We started putting together the centerpieces, laying out the chocolate truffles (YUM!), getting the guest book and place cards in order.  Then the cake arrived! (YUM!)  It was all looking so beautiful!

The delicious blingy cake

The centerpieces (before the pink LED and floating candles)

Beautiful black and pink montage 

Cake Topper

The gift table

After we did all the decorating, we headed to Sagittaruis Salon to get our hair and make up done!  I didn't get any pictures of the bride getting her hair done, but you'll see the finished product soon :)

Me and Gretchen



I LOVED my hair!  I wish I could do this myself all the time!
After we got back to the country club, it was time to get dressed and get some pictures of just us girls!  Pictures were taken by two brilliant people, a husband and wife couple- Double Shutter Photography.

The breath-taking bride



I love her!



We returned to the limo (which was a very nice touch) and waited for the "GO" saying that we can start our way down the aisle.  The guys looked very handsome and the groom was very happy.  Jessie and Jeff are probably the cutest couple I know!  Giddy just because they're in each other's presence.  It was cute!  






Jessie's son, Shane carrying a "Here comes the bride" sign

Jessie with her mom and younger son, Cameron


A kiss to seal the deal!

The new Mr. and Mrs.!

"And they lived happily ever after"

It was a short and sweet ceremony.  I'll never forget the way Jeff looked at Jessie as they exchanged vows (I think I had the best seat in the house, aside from the bride).  It was such a genuinely happy smile.  And the way Jessie literally jumped up and down like a kid's first time at Disney, as they were being pronounced husband and wife.  Like I said: "Cutest couple ever!"

We had some more amazing pictures taken!  Here's a few.

Myself, Fawn, Jessie, Christina, Gretchen

Showin' some friendly love to the groom

I love this picture!

Here's Jessie...worried she's going to get dropped

The lovely newlyweds!

It was at this point that we came inside the reception area and my big spotlight moment was next on the agenda.  My Speech!  I'm not what you'd consider a good public speaker by any means.  I get terrified in front of a crowd to perform a speech or sing karaoke...BUT...with a pretty well written speech, some good practice in front of Justin (thanks, babe), I did a darn good job! (GO ME!!)  :)  And even got a few chuckles from the sweetheart table in front of me, as well as the rest of the guests.



And for the rest of the evening, we danced the night away!  This is usually my favorite part! ;)

Slow dancing with my honey

I'm not even really sure what I'm doing here...

Me, Takia, Gretchen and Fawn

Jessie and I

Gretchen and I mimicking Justin's "dance"


I had never played the role of a Matron of Honor before.  I have never felt more honored (Hence the title, I'm sure) and privileged to stand beside a person through all of the stressful wedding planning and preparation.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and would do it all over again for Jessie in a heartbeat! :)  Love you, Jess!


One Happy Family!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely wedding. You look like you know how to hit the dance floor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful wedding, thank you! I think my second home is on the dance floor ;) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!